Monday, March 10, 2008

Dunn returns

Warrick Dunn will return to the pewter and red next season and as I have said over and over, I hate to keep trying to link to the past, but I think this is a sensible, reasonable signing. This isn't the Dunn signed out of Florida State years ago, but he's still a very effective NFL player and can bring some mojo to Bennett and Darby.

I feel this was a good signing, not a blockbuster, but it returns a leader in the locker room, and another player which can rip off a 40 yard play at any time.

I also see today the Bucs inked Antonio Bryant, who was out of football for a year. Coach Gruden likes to reclaim project players, and perhaps Bryant is a prospect worth taking a look at, and according to rotoworld.com the Bucs looked at him last year. The guy is a flier, had off-field issues, drug issues, and sat a year from the NFL. Perhaps the time off allowed him to grow a bit and become focused on the game. Perhaps a cheap contract to a player which posted a 1,000 yard season which could reap great rewards isn't so much of a bad deal. Yes, I was hoping for a Javon Walker deal too fellow Bucs fans, but not at that money the Raiders poured out.

The draft is upcoming, and I'm certain there will be some additional signings, so relax, everything works out for a reason.