Saturday, August 23, 2008

Cuts coming for Bucs Tuesday, be glad I'm not making them.

Tonight's preseason game versus the Jags, was a disaster for the Bucs from an execution standpoint. Coming into tonight's game, the Bucs OL had performed remarkably. Tonight, not so much. The two previous Bucs games- no turnovers, tonight, not so much.

This evening Jeff Garcia LOOKED 38 years old and very rusty in the 4 series in which he played.
As much as I hate to say it, the only quarterback on the roster which has looked good during the pre-season has been, Captain Checkdown, Brian Griese.

The entire team looked out of sync tonight. From the distorted image and screwy sound on the tv broadcast to the play on the field, everything was out of whack tonight from kickoff at RayJay.

On Tuesday, August 26th, the Bucs along with every other NFL team need o trim their rosters by 5 players. Here on Saturday night, I'm offering up my picks for early cuts.

This evening's game saw serious injuries to RCB Marcus Hamilton and MLB Antoine Cash. The entire Bucs team came on the field tonight as Cash was strapped to a back brace and removed from the field. This is the second year in a row that Cash has suffered a serious injury in training camp. Tonight's injury looked as it might have been very serious and Mr. Cash, you are in all Buc's fan thoughts and hopefully your injury isn't significant.

Unfortunately, because of injury, I believe both Hamilton and Cash will be cut on Tuesday. In addition, I believe Cortez Hankton, #17, WR, Chris Clark #68 LT, and Daniel Fells, #46 TE will be the additional cuts. The Bucs should also cut #33 Ken Darby, RB and #37 Darrell Hunter, LCB, and get them out of the way.

This years training camp has provided some surprises for me. The Bucs play their final preseason game against Houston on Thursday, August 28th and the cut down dates for the final 53 man roster is August 30th. I've already offered up my 53 man roster before training camp, and now after Thursday nights game, I'll revise my roster and we'll see how close my predictions really are.

Also, in the coming week, I'll make my predictions for each team and how I feel they will finish. I'm sure many of you are waiting on the edge of your seat.