Monday, October 19, 2009

0-6 and nothing on the horizon

I usually do my Bucs breakdown later in the week, but why bother? This team is atrocious. I actually went to a bar yesterday so I could watch the team I've predicted all along to make it to the Super Bowl from the NFC, the New Orleans Saints play the Giants. Off to the side, the Bucs game was on a small tv. With 8 1/2 minutes to go, the Bucs scored on an interception return for a touchdown and the game was tied. I was wearing my Bucs jersey, with Williams name covered over with my protest sign, FIRE MORRIS NOW. My friend looks at me and said, "The Bucs are looking good, their going to win this" Fat chance. I bet him a beer that Carolina would march down the field and win the game. March they did. 16 plays, eating up the 8 1/2 minutes. What was impressive for Carolina (damn, did that just come out of my mouth?) was it was 16 consecutive running plays and a systematic move right down the field.

This team is now surrendering over 170 yards of rushing by opponents per game and on pace to set a league record at this rate. The Bucs had 245 yards of total offense versus a poor Carolina team. New Orleans had 355 yards in the first half. I read an online story this morning that Derrick Ward is upset over his lack of carries on his Facebook page. Channel 10 out of Tampa had video of Antonio Bryant walking off the field yesterday mouthing the words, Tell him to throw me the F-ing ball. The Football Post, this morning, reported that GM Mark Dominik and Director of Personnel, Doug Williams are at odds. A National FOX reported yesterday on rotowire.com reported that he has already heard from inside the staff, Junior Morris is "one and done" this season.

I hope that for the final four remaining home games, that the Bucs ownership will see blackouts. There is no reason to patronize the crap that this team is presenting every Sunday. There is talent on this team, but there is a serious lack of coaching. The team is disjointed. There is no fluidity to the offensive play calling. The defense is flying to the ball on occasions, but there is no tackling and the Bucs might very well lead the league in plays given up over 30 yards this year. (although yesterday's Pats/Titans game might have changed that)

I have watched some pretty terrible football in Tampa. Since 1976, I've only missed 7 games on either tv or radio, so I know from where I speak. Some of those 3-13 teams, 5-11 teams, didn't have the talent that this team has, and that is why this is why this simply comes down to the fact that Junior Morris doesn't have the respect of the players or Jim Bates. I read a report online this afternoon which said the sports radio host on 1040am Tampa, said Junior Morris was seen in a suite with several Bucs players for the USF Thursday night game between the Bulls and Bearcats. Last week on October 15th, Todd Haley, the Head Coach of the Kansas City Chiefs and disciple of Bill Parcells, demoted wide receiver coach Dedric Ward and replaced him with Richie Anderson. When asked why, he said, never let the coaches get too close to the players. Jay Glazer on the Fox pregame show stated as much. Parcells has a slightly higher resume than Junior, who was fetching coffee for the Bucs coaches during the Super Bowl run in Tampa, so I'd tend to embrace his philosophy.

I'm not even going to bother breaking down this weeks game after Brady tossed 6 scores for nearly 400 yards and the Patriots put a massive smack down on the Titans, 59-0. Not to mention the two teams have to play in London and it gets charged as a Bucs home game. I think this game will be close for about the 4-5 minutes during the coin toss and initial kickoff, after that all bets are off. I predict 41-3, and the Bucs are lucky to get three. So after this week, the Bucs have a bye, then Green Bay comes to town. Fittingly, that is the game the ownership chose to wear the throwback uniforms of the 1970-1980's. We are watching it on the field, why not wear the colors. I predicted in August that the Packer game would see the debut of K-State phenom quarterback (NOT) Josh Freeman. That remains to be seen. After the Packers beatdown, the Bucs are at Miami. Did you see how Carolina ran on the Bucs yesterday? How does this team stop the Wildcat? Then 2 games with Atlanta, 2 games with New Orleans, Seattle in Seattle in December, @ Carolina and a home game with the Jets. By the end of the season, the Bucs will be on the end run of a 20 game losing streak. The final game of the season is played on January 3rd 2010. If Junior isn't fired by January 4th, 2010, I really don't think I can follow this team anymore because it will have shown me that the Glazers are making previous Bucs owner High Culverhouse look like a big spender. Hell, the Glazers are making Bill Bidwell in Arizona look like Donald Trump. This was a team which was 8-3 going into December last season and lost the final 4 games to finish 9-7. Wouldn't 9-7 look good about now? Wouldn't some direction for the future look good right about now?