Monday, December 21, 2009

What the Hell?? Week 15

What a brutal week for those who try to predict football games. Every single Thursday night game this season, I've lost. This past Saturday, New Orleans looked flat. It was the worst game I've watched the Saints play all season, but they were still fighting until there were 9 seconds left.

Point spreads weren't an option this week and I'm sure bookies and Vegas raked in tons of cash Sunday. I had Arizona winning straight up and they did but failed to cover against the 28th ranked pass defense in Detroit. Atlanta came out of no where with Matt Ryan starting as a surprise and managing a weak win. Atlanta was eliminated from the playoffs with Dallas's win over the Saints, they are a dome team traveling to New Jersey after record snowfall and they win. Are you freaking kidding me? Houston only manages to beat the Rams by 3? Oakland travels to Denver as a 14 point underdog while starting a quarterback who hasn't played in 2 years and won straight up. You've got to be kidding me. Minnesota was a 10 point favorite heading to Carolina Sunday night. Carolina had Mandy, I mean Matt Moore under center, lost DeAngelo Williams early and has lost both starting tackles for the season, yet pulled off a beatdown on a Vikings team which doesn't travel well.

Finally, in the worst game of the week, The Bucs traveled to Seattle as a 7 point underdog and won outright 24-7, while forcing 5 turnovers. You have got to be kidding me. Way to go Junior. At 1-12, and a chance to get Suh in the draft, you win the game and drop the Bucs draft spot down to at least 3rd currently. Do you think you might sneak 2 wins in during the final 3 weeks and save your job for next year? All I want for Christmas is to see your happy ass gone and an actual head coach with experience replace you. Oh, that's right, we had one. I disagreed with Gruden ALOT. However, this team would not be 2-12 if he had stayed.