Thursday, July 31, 2008

Nancy Kerrigan treatment for Favre?

Yesterday, the Packers president flew to Mississippi to meet with America's Greatest Sports Diva, Brett Favre. Reports are out today that the Packers ownership, offered up some juice to Lord Favre to not report to the Packers training camp. 20 million dollars worth of juice.

If I were Brett, I'd have to re-examine the offer. Brett is still under contract in Green Bay if he reinstates, 12 million salary in 2008 , and 13 million in 2009. Thats 25 million gross salary for 2 years. If the extortion offer from the ownership of the Packers can be tax deferred, this might be a better offer for Brett. You make more money, less tax liability, and given the offseason controversy with your career, you will be an instant addition to any of the Sunday morning NFL shows and make millions in a contract.

I know, once again you want to play, but you've waited too long Brett. Camps are open and your maverick approach to playing the position just doesn't sit well with teams looking for quarterbacks. You still have the skills, and I thought you shouldn't have hung up the cleats last year. However, you and the Packer management have created the largest clusterfuck I've ever seen in my 30 years of following football surrounding one player. Joe Montana didn't get this kind of coverage and he won a few more Super Bowls than you.

Reports are out today that you are going to report to camp on Friday. I hope you report Friday, because I really don't want another week of "Where is Favre"? Not to mention, the media is spending tons of money following you around. Weeks ago, I wanted you in Tampa, now I want you to stay away. Go play in Minnesota, where you don't play well on turf or in a dome. Go to Chicago, where you have no one to catch the ball other than Hester. Just take the payoff from the Packers, deffer the taxes and take a TV gig, it doesn't hurt so bad on Monday morning.