Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Aspen open for business!

Got a couple grand laying around? Wanna quick getaway for the weekend? Well, Aspen Colorado is re-opening their ski resort June 13th. Why it's June, how can this be?

Well, while I was trying to determine my carbon footprint here on Earth, I came across this story about Aspen re-opening this coming weekend. They are re-opening because they still have over 3 feet of snow on the mountain after record snowfall this past season.

While the media global warming lapdogs have been watching thermometers in the Northeast more closely than the oil price, showing kids playing in fire hydrants, explaining all the signs of heat stroke, hey! CNN! it's summer, it supposed to be hot. But nary a comment about all the snow or sking in June in Colorado. Maybe Al Gore can fly in this weekend and catch a little late season snowboarding.

So much for that rant, I'll go back to determining my carbon footprint so I can save the world. I think I'm a 10 1/2.