Sunday, June 1, 2008

New family addition


Readers of this blog are familiar with the fact that on April 21st, I had to put my best friend for the past 14 years, Orphie to rest. After dealing with cancer, and ensuing respiratory distress, we had to say goodbye. Orph, you will never be forgotten.


While I had thought about getting another cat after Orph, I wasn't really looking for one until after hurricane season. BUT, I was on Craigslist one afternoon and found a beautiful young female cat whose owner was moving to a nursing home and could no longer care for her. The listing stated that she might have to go to the pound if she wasn't adopted and with the animal shelters swelling now with the poor economy, a trip to the pound can mean bad things for animals these days. Her name is Jasmine and was located in Port Charlotte. The photo attached to her listing, reminded me so much of what Orph looked like when she was young. Jazz has a shy side and was under the bed for several days after we brought her home, but after 3 weeks now, she's spreading her wings around the house, and I guess she'll keep us!